lisa lampanelli & chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishellyshel

Chin Slave
I recently signed back up for HBO (havnt had in years!). last night i watched (well listened cause i was cleaning cages) to her. she is very vulgar and racial but kinda funny in a twisted way. anyhoo.........she did a small skit on chinchillas. said she bought a chinchilla coat and then got some hate mail from animal activivists..........said they sent her a picture of what a live chinchilla looks like...........she sent them one of her coat and said this is what 42 dead ones look like.

i never heard chins mentioned in anyone's "skit". so i thought it was interesting how chinchillas have been in the media so much more these days.

personally i didnt take offense to it, as i know it was just a joke........but makes you think............

I forget which song it is, but there's a hip hop/rap song on the radio that has a lyric about a chinchilla coat. That seems to be the only pop culture reference I've heard about chins lately.

hmm... I must of missed her HBO special. I think she's funny in a weird way. Somehow her twisted comedic point of view works.

it was a fairly new one as she mentioned some events that happened in the later part of 2009. it was on last night.

I think a chinchilla coat would be so uncomfortably hot and unconventional because the rain would ruin it's soft fluffy appearance. At least for around here.

Everytime I tell people about my chinchillas, they don't know what I am talking about. I have to say "Like the coat" and then they get it. It is pretty sad.

Jay Z isn't the only rapper to reference "chinchilla". I've heard a couple others but, couldn't tell you who or what song.

I was watching one of those VH1 shows one day and they said that Jennifer Lopez's favorite fur is chinchilla and she has a bunch of jackets :vomit:

anyway seems like a status thing to me, chinchilla coats are one of, if not the most expensive fur coats. And you know celebrities have to have the most expensive crazy things, like 24 karat gold toilets, and eye cream from sheep's spit that is collected once a year by candlelight or something crazy like that

Maybe I've just had a string of real jerks lately, but I'm a little tired of "Hur hur, you'll need more than that to keep warm up here!" jokes about wearing my pet. I don't suggest turning their children/elderly parents into leather goods; I'd appreciate it if more people showed similar respect to my companions.

That said; people are going to make their own decisions. J Lo wears dead chinchillas; Martha Stewart spoils live ones. PETA etc. really need to learn when to back off and when raising Cain can actually do some good, so I can't blame the comedienne for getting ridiculous right back at them.

eh, we wouldnt have pets if it werent for the fur trade so its neither here nor there for me. Gotta take the good with the "bad," as it were for some people.

Latest posts

Back