Lionhead Rabbit

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireflycafe

Stormie & Bella
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you guys can direct me to some websites for lionhead rabbits. My friend recently got one as a present and don't know what can or cannot be given to the little girl. She is alomst 1 year old.

For example, does she need wood to chew on like chinchillas? If so, is it the same type of safe list like Chins or different.

Any help you can give us would be great ^.^

Thank you :)

A couple of good Lionhead specific sites include the Lionhead Rabbit Site and the North American Lionhead Rabbit Club.

Lionheads require the same care as every other breed, though they do require some extra attention to grooming, due to their longer fur around the head and flanks. The Rabbit Web has good basic rabbit care info. Another site that is often recommended is the House Rabbit Society's site. I recommend looking at their information on litter training, grooming and handling in particular. They also have a good list of safe fruits and vegetables. Unlike some others, I always recommend taking HRS info (except for those sections I listed above) with a grain of salt; the HRS has an agenda that is very close to that of PETA and HSUS (both of which HRS supports) and some of the things they've recommended, such as housing guinea pigs with rabbits, is debatable at best... but I digress.

Do check out all those sites; I think your friend will find some good info.

cool, thank you for the four sites ^.^ I will forward those over to her.

I took couple pix of the lil cutie - Saribe

Attachments

• Saribe.jpg
    Saribe.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Saribe2.jpg
    Saribe2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 83
Back