Lil' miss Rain's new terracotta hut

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsbuickman

Resident Hooligan on holi
Hiya Guys :neener: .

The log hide that lil' miss Rain has been using for the last couple of years was about shot and she was due for a new one. I wasn't seen anything that I liked at the local pet stores (PetSmart and Petco) that she would either destroy pretty quick or was made of plastic I decided to go another route instead with a terracotta pot, which is a new terracotta plant pot turned upside down with a doorway cut in it. I used my angle grinder to get the job done, but I would have used my Dremel if I would have had some masonry discs instead.

Either way she doesn't care she really likes it. She's been in there snoozin' all day, it's like Twilight now so she'll be up in about a half an hour, then she can check out the new hanging toy that I got her :neener:

Attachments

• IMAG2182.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 68
Last edited:
Rats, I have pictures but for some reason the uploader isn't working right. I guess I can try and resize it then try again ...

Ok guys, there's obviously something going on with the uploader because I can't get it to work or anything, however there's more than one way to skin a cat. In this case I uploaded it to my Photobucket account and posted it from there, so here you go :wink2:

Last edited:
Aww, how cute :heart: I'll bet she'll like to perch up on top of it too.

Hi guys :) ,

Lil' miss Rain has been using her new hot for a while now and she's really enjoying it. When she goes back to bed just after Dawn, now she's sleeping all day long and tell about an hour after Sunset without getting up during the day for anything. I'm betting that it's Darque Tan extra quiet in there because the Terracotta is a natural sound deadener so she sleeps better. I just took her condo apart, cleaned the ceramic tiles and straightened things up, and she never even poked her head out to see what was going on like she use to do with her log hide :thumbsup:

Is it safe for them to chew? I was using a mini terracotta planter and she chewed it like crazy so I took it out just incase but I love this idea for a hut I just don't have the tools to cut it

Latest posts

Back