Lifeline ?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishellyshel

Chin Slave
I just got my order of lifeline. Got a small batch cause I got 1 picky chin. \
But he actually likes it!!
Anyhoo.......what is the best way to give it to them.
The picky one is on meds so I am giving it to him twice per day. Once in the am with a very small pinch (maybe 3 oats) crumbled up. And then he gets it at night with his "treats". which is usually an herb mix plus a couple oats and one treat.
For my other chin who is not ill, I guess just 3 times a week at night?
Does that sound right?

Some people just offer them the little scoop that's in the container and let them feed themselves. If he really likes it, just do it that way. If not, then mix it in with his oats.

yeah, that is what I am wondering too. he is a little on the small side so i was hoping that the lifeline would boost his appetite so he would gain a bit. but i dont want to give him something too much if i shouldnt.

When I give it to my herd, I mix it with a little water into a paste and let them eat it off a spoon - some even try to grab the spoon, which is pretty funny!

Is it beneficial to feed lifeline a few times a week for a chin that is not ill?

Some people think so. I can't afford to give it as a regular supplement, I just use it for ill chins or emergencies, but you could give it a couple times a week like a supplement.

I gave my LL daily (sometimes twice a day) to sick chins. I usually just added it to their CC mix, along with extra probiotics. To all of the other chins, I'd give it to them with their oats once a week or so.

When I got my chins 4 months ago and switched their food from what the breeder was feeding them, I gave them some lifeline in their new feed. 4 months later, I am still giving it to the older and now smaller one, he loves it and I believe it does help his appetite.

Latest posts

Back