Licking face

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TmG

Carl licks my face sometimes does anybody's chinchilla do this and do you no why?

I have to assume it is a show of affection and familiarity. I believe face to face contact is one way they communicate friendship.

Sweat on your face? Maybe your chin thinks you're a human salt-lick heheheh

edit, and yes I know chins aren't meant to have salt licks! But a few kisses to the brow wont matter!

Yuki's only really licked me to get treats- I'd go with either you taste good or face-to-face friendship. Which is all lovely and cute but Yuki seems to love getting super close to my eyes particularly after a dust bath. Either he's got my family's humor and is trying to get dust in my eyes or he's thanking me for the dust, I haven't figured out which :)

Haha awh! I hope Carl's showing friendship! It's as of the past year. It started with my nose and now he licks my nose, my lips, my cheeks, my eyebrows, (he tends to chew on my glasses which is a no no!) I generally move away when he starts it but I always make sure to give him scritches just incase it's a show of affection. He always makes squeaky noises like contact noises? Or happy noises? When he does this. It's normally the noise he makes when he's excited. :)

Its funny when they lick its not like when you lick an icecream cone its like there little toung darts on and off your skin like a sewing machine. she licks my face on occasion we always bump noses I think its a sign of familarity and family with Chinchillas. I can not beleive how sweet chinchillas are if we were ever being attacked by aliens I think we could defeat them by just showing them chinchillas, no one can be upset when a chinchilla is around.

Haha! Totally true. Yah he's really quick about it and it's hard to feel in the first place because their tongue is so small so be on the look out! Your chinchilla may be licking you and you don't even no it!

Latest posts

Back