Let's Talk Photography! :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! Sorry it's been so long! I was given a better camera for my birthday (the one I was talking about earlier really wasn't very good at all.) still a point and shoot, but a better one. I'm still playing around with it, but I'll definitely try to get more pictures up here asap:)

Nice pictures, Spoof! I love the first one, and your horse is beautiful!

Thank you! Here are a two new pictures. :)

Attachments

• litpath.jpg
    litpath.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 81
  • birdi.jpg
    birdi.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 82
All of the pictures posted here are really good! :)
I'm just getting into photography myself, am taking a 7 week (14 hour) course at school that was only $15! I was lucky enough to borrow a Canon EOS 40D professional DSLR from my sister, but I'm taking a lot longer to learn how to use it than I expected! But the course is really cool.
dayofhope, I'm a total sucker for close-up photographs, and I looove yours!

ive always been good at photography . both my mum and grandpa are really good at it.
I had a really large portfolio going when i was in highschool. i made the mistake on storing it all on my camera. my mother wound up borrowing my camera for a weekend when i got it back it was broken. it was the best camera i have had. she still wont pay to repair it. and since im a broke college student i cant fix it either. im attempting to save up to get a cheap camera cause i miss having one.
these are the few pics i have saved. they arent even good ones of mine. but theyre all i have left.

Attachments

• magic_in_the_woods_by_ansan_genesis.jpg
    magic_in_the_woods_by_ansan_genesis.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 79
  • water_and_rocks_by_ansan_genesis.jpg
    water_and_rocks_by_ansan_genesis.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Eye_of_the_tiger_by_ansan_genesis.jpg
    Eye_of_the_tiger_by_ansan_genesis.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 80
  • gooseberry_falls_by_ansan_genesis.jpg
    gooseberry_falls_by_ansan_genesis.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 82
when i got it back it was broken. it was the best camera i have had. she still wont pay to repair it. and since im a broke college student i cant fix it either.
I'm guessing it's digital? Are the pictures on the memory card, or stored in the camera memory? What's broken about it?

I've been fixing mine for years my lifestyle is very hard on digital cameras.

Everyone's photos are amazing! I've never done any black and white but looking at everyone's pictures here makes me consider giving it a shot. :p I did get a new camera but am not happy with it. The pictures don't take true to what I see and I'm finding it difficult to use. For most of my shots lately I've been using my iPhone. It's ok but the resolution is pretty terrible. I hear there are filters you can download to use with it that give different effects...

Attachments

• Boom!.jpg
    Boom!.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Fire.jpg
    Fire.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Sunset.jpg
    Sunset.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 73
she somehow deleted everything on my memory card. and messed with the software on my camera. the actual hardware is perfectly intact.
basicaly my camera is bluescreening all the time. ive talked to the manufacturer and the only way to get it fixed is to send it in and have them reprogram it.
im even a computer electronic nerd and i know how i would fix it if i could only get ahold of the program/software for the camera. but they dont like to release that. they get less money fixing the cameras that way.
ah well

Have you tried sticking the card in a card reader on a mac or linux machine?

They can usually mount the cards that have the blue screen -9 error.

I'm starting to really doubt photography will be a career for me -- just realizing I have stronger interests in other areas. But I think it will always be at least a hobby, just because it is so much fun. I'm reading some stuff on improving photography in general. I just haven't had a lot of time yet to read enough to make a difference, but I hope to soon.

Sheena_Lee: That's really cool! Feel free to post pictures and/or tips from the course if you would like to! I would love to see/read them. :) And thank you!

perabalaofmystery: that really stinks about your camera... hopefully you can get a new one at some point and/or recover your old pictures. Beautiful waterfall, and did you notice the clouds in your second photo are shaped like the top of a heart? Kinda neat :)

Spoof: one thing about black and white, I learned my lesson the hard way not to set the camera to black/white setting, but to edit it later. I missed a few shots that would have looked beautiful in color if I hadn't had the camera set to b/w. Although, if you really want to, you can try both b/w and color settings, just takes more effort and doesn't make much of a difference. Beautiful clouds!

All you photographers - you should use those skills to nominate your pets for Pet of the Day*! I saw several great chin and also horse and cat shots in there, and I know you probably have more you didn't post, because after all - our pets are available "victims" for photography practice!

I am more a prolific than talented photographer, which works fine nowadays with the existence of digital cameras! My husband, though, is an excellent photographer, extraordinarily patient about getting the perfect shot. I'll just take ten and hope one of them comes out!

Hey guys! I have a few more pictures to post~~
And please feel free to keep posting yours!

:)

Attachments

• yellow.jpg
    yellow.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 72
  • feeties.jpg
    feeties.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 76
  • beach.jpg
    beach.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 73
  • birdflect.jpg
    birdflect.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 73
  • jazzzz.jpg
    jazzzz.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 73
Oooh, I wanna play!

MyImage_8-8.jpg

firerose.jpg

roseinpeachandgreen.jpg

MyImage_23.jpg

_IGP2898.jpg

Pooky, your chinchilla is adorable! Beautiful pictures, too! :) I like the effect the log gave in the last one, it adds to the water's reflection by interrupting all of the greenery, if that makes sense. XD

Thanks! That's Snicket. His brother Eli was off getting a mid play snack. Only Snick has managed to figure out how to get onto my bed. New favorite play spot!

I'm quite fond of that last shot too. It was kind of an accidental one, but I find the composition to be quite pleasing.

Yeah, I'm sure his chinny mind is blown away by the fact it's both soft like fleece /and/ comfortable like pine bedding! XD

Here's a few more! Keep 'em coming, everyone! :)

Attachments

• eyefrog.jpg
    eyefrog.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 71
  • biiiird.jpg
    biiiird.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 69
  • cloverrr.jpg
    cloverrr.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 69
i love the photos!
i'm by no means a photographer or plan to make a career outta it.
i just take photos for fun.
these are a few that i've taken in the past couple years.
i have a Sony Cybershot it's a good little camera
but i'm in the market for a Canon Eos Rebel T3i.

tree.jpg

mountains1.jpg

mountains.jpg

hoop.jpg

austin.jpg

Love the second and third ones. Feels like I'm right there :))

Here's some newer ones, and of course, I'd love to see yours!

Attachments

• lad.jpg
    lad.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 71
  • sam.jpg
    sam.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 67
  • squigles.jpg
    squigles.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 66
Back