lethargic chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinch&Chilla

chin matchmaker <3
Ok it might just be my imagination or I might just have really bad timing but my male chin doesn't seem to be as active as usual over the last couple of days. I've also noticed that there has been less food being eaten though I can't be sure it's completely because of him because I have 2 chins. But I have seen the other at the food bowl on a couple of occasions but not him. Its only a little bit less food then they usually eat though, not like half. Let me just say so you get the whole picture, a couple of days ago my male chin starting humping the other chin (which I had thought for the last several months was a boy but now i'm 90% certain is actually a girl. I will take pictures later and post them in another thread to see what others think). Anyway, after that whole ordeal I did notice he seemed upset and was making noises and I discovered a hair ring. I removed that hair ring and he has stopped making the noises and seeming so erratic but now most of the time when I look at him he is sleeping in his wheel and like I said I haven't actually witnessed him at the food bowl. Should I be worried, is there a way I can tell if he is eating, are there other things that I should be looking for?

Somewhat of a breakthrough I think. I just caught him eating hay and when I went up to the cage to look at him he came up to the door. I think he's ok. Maybe he's just been really tired lately?

Good to hear he's eating. Perhaps he was just sore from the hair ring. Feeling a little violated ;). How's the temp there? If it's warm maybe he's just been trying to keep cool.

It could have just been the hair ring as mentioned but its been ridiculously humid in NJ, make sure its cool enough for them. Also if could be the female went after him if he tried to mate with her. She might already be pregnant but I would separate them now just in case she isn't.

Latest posts

Back