Let me out now!!!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crys12065

Puhleeeeaaaase let me out Mom!!

fids_P6280326.jpg

This is Delilah even after playtime, I feel so bad, she just wants to be out all the time. How can I make her like her cage more?

fids_P6280328.jpg

Trying to chew her way out!

fids_P6280332.jpg

fids_P6280355.jpg

too cute! lol.

i think lots of chins are like Delilah, and think it is the biggest travesty to be put back in their cage after play time, even if they've been out for an extended period of time.

one thing that might help is to give fresh hay right after play time, and she might concentrate on nibbling hay instead of cage bars? lol.

Wow, that sure does look familiar- Your Delilah looks very close to my Tribble! He was doing the same thing last night- and he usually isn't as crazy about getting out.

Your Delilah is just the cutest little girl! I love the second picture too. It's like she's saying, "Please, oh pretty please... let me out" LOL

Lol sooo cute, no way would i get pics like that at playtime, they dont stop bouncing around until the cage doors are open :D

Lol sooo cute, no way would i get pics like that at playtime, they dont stop bouncing around until the cage doors are open :D

The worst part is this was after playtime and she was still begging to come back out! Poor negelcted Chin!

It's nice to see a chin actually using one of my hammocks! I think my girls snub theirs on purpose! Don't be fooled by the cutness... she's intentionally wrapping you around her little paws ;-)

It's nice to see a chin actually using one of my hammocks! I think my girls snub theirs on purpose! Don't be fooled by the cutness... she's intentionally wrapping you around her little paws ;-)

LOL, you are right, she is just playing me! But how can resist such cuteness? I am just a pawn in her little game ;)

Yes she plays in her hammock but mostly loves and sleeps in her fleece tube! I am going to stay away from the houses, she does not seem to like them to much.

haha! Chalupa's just like her, only she tries to pry the roof off her cage with her teeth. Clever, yes, but I would try the door that actually can open with some force. :tease:

Well happy to know Delilah is not the only chin who does not like to stay in her cage! Sounds like a chinchilla thing, lol

So cute, I love the pic. of her climbing up her cage, they're so funny when they do that. :))

Yep, I think it's just something they do, they're active critters and really enjoy being out - Henry's just been out for four hours, but was still not that pleased to go back, so that begging pose of Delilah's is awful familiar! :D The more you give them...
I always give Hen his fresh hay when he goes back, that usually helps shut him up and get him settled down, especially if he also gets a small treat or a new stick to chew.

I love that pic of her climbing her cage. Chins are such funny little busy bodies.

how long do you take her out for? when i can only take ruby out for 30minutes at a time, she seems to want to always come back out immediately.

This is totally Banilly. I can't open the cage door for a second without her pushing her way out. If I want to just change her food or something I have to sneakily do it while she's sleeping. If I push her back into the cage and close the door she gets sooooo mad and just sits there grumbling at me.

Back