Les Misérables!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lirana

The movie was awesome! If you like musicals, you should love this movie.

Warning: if you know nothing about this story, you can guess it's not happy just from the title. :p BRING LOTS OF TISSUES! I pretty much cried the entire first and last thirds of this movie.

Also, it's the full musical which puts it at about 3 hours. However, unlike the musical, there is no intermission. So plan your potty usage accordingly. :laughitup:

I can't wait to see it! I've seen the stage show 3 or 4 times because its my mom's favorite. I want to introduce my daughter to it (she's nearly 12) but not sure how she's going to handle it. We'll bring lots of tissues and hope for the best!

I saw it Christmas morning and greatly enjoyed it. The film did the stage production justice. Les Mis is one of my favorite musicals, it was nice to see it on film.

We watched this the day after Christmas... I enjoyed the film, though I thought Russel Crowe sounded strange as Javert, and Marius sounded like Kermit the frog... It was great that the orignal Jean Valjean, Colm Wilkinson, had a part in the movie (he played the bishop)... Hugh Jackman was good, but if you've ever heard Wilkinson as Valjean, there is just no one who can play the part as amazingly as he does... I also thought it was a good and fun choice to cast Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen as the Thenardiers... I liked both of them in Sweeny Todd, too... Samantha Barks, who plays my favorite character on the stage and now in the movie, was amazing... Next to Lea Salonga, best Eponine I've seen/heard...

Russel Crowe was so subdued compared to every recording I've ever heard. It was odd, but in the end, I thought it wan't a bad choice. I know there are plenty of people who are super anit-Crowe as Javert. Colm Wilkinson was awesome. I grew up with hearing him as the Phantom (I had the Canadian recording) and absolutely love his voice.

I agree about Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen, though I am getting tired of seeing her play the same character over and over. I feel like she's been type-cast for the past 10 years and that she's a much better actress than what her roles give her credit for.

And yeah, Eddie Redmayne... I would rather have had the actor who played Enjorlas played Marius.

Latest posts

Back