Leg & Limping help?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rae ella

Hello everyone, I would like some input or advice with my chinchilla. Today I noticed my Jelly Bean (chinchilla's name), was sitting awkwardly, with his back leg close to his face. At first he started to mildly limp, and within the past few hours it has gotten worse. When I held him, and he tried to put his foot down it started to shake and he took the pressure off of it. It doesn't look swollen, but there's some obvious pain to it. He's not dragging it or anything, just when he moves around he has as high up as he can. He has on the ground when he sits or moves a couple inches.
I removed him from him & his brother's cage, so now he's by himself in smaller cage without levels. He's eating (right now as I type this), so his appetite is fine, and he's drinking water.
What do you think is wrong with his foot, and do you think it is something that can heal itself? Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, so I don't have the time to take him to the vet, unfortunately, so he would have to wait till Friday for any medical attention. Of course I'll watch him carefully and see if it gets better or worse, but I would just like some input on what you guys think might be wrong with him.
Thank you

Thank you all for your concern. He seems like he's getting better- more as in acting like himself. He's more active and such, but he's still limping, and it doesn't seem like it's getting better. I looked at the bottom of his foot, and it does look swollen, and there's a white circle- yikes. I'll be trying to find a vet today.

He has a vet appointment on Monday. Hopefully then we'll fine out what's going on with his leg.

Back