Learning to use the Ryerson bottles?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crushinator

Row, row, row your boat
This may seem like a silly question but I need some help. I recently purchased some Ryerson water bottles for my chins. All my chins were previously using water bottles with the little balls in them and I have noticed that none of them are using the Ryerson bottles, they are just continuing to use their old ones.

I didn't want to take out the old ones in case my chins couldn't figure out how to use the Ryerson bottles but maybe that is preventing them from even trying them out? With the Ryerson bottles they have to learn to suck the water out rather than just push/roll a ball to get water right? Are there any tips for "teaching" chins to use the Ryerson bottles?

And here I thought the hardest part would be figuring out how to install them on the cages... these bottles have opened up a whole new world for me lol

They may be going to their old bottles, just because they are familiar. Try putting the Ryerson's bottles in the exact same place as the old bottles for a day. Mark them, so you know if they drink, rub a little raisin around the outside of the tube, and see what happens.

How are the Ryerson bottles different? Are they like the Edstrom style valve?

Glass tube for a nozzle, no ball. The pressure of the lid in the bottle keeps the water.

Latest posts

Back