Lazy Chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjaturtletayy

I'm a new chin Mommy (I've only had him for about two and a half weeks) so I'm still trying to figure out Stanley and what he likes/dislikes and such. So I may just be paranoid, but I just wanted to reach out and see what other people think.

I've been reading other people's posts on here and everyone says that their chins are active and like to play. Stanley is relatively lazy all the time. He doesn't do much besides sit in various spots in his cage. I did just switch him to a new cage on Sunday, but he seems to have adjusted already. Plus he was lazy in his old cage too. He doesn't really do a whole lot no matter what time of day. When he first wakes up in the evening he'll move around a few levels of his cage, but then he goes back to laying. Are some chins just lazy chins? Has anyone else ever experienced a chin that just likes to sit versus running around the cage?

I took him to the vet last week for a check up and to make sure that everything is okay with him. The vet said that he's completely healthy and has great teeth and gums, so it shouldn't be illness. I just want to get opinions from other chin parents out there.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Oh, I guess I should add that I got him from a pet store that mainly sells reptiles, so I'm sure he didn't get a whole lot of attention or play time besides the bare minimum during his life there (he was there from the time he was a baby until I got him, so about a year). Stanley is just over a year old now, so his life as consisted of nothing but the pet store. Could he have just adjusted his behavior to the lazy, unfulfilled life of the pet store?

Back