Laying down?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chindiccted

Luna has started laying like this often I'm just being safe I know the plastic shelving is bad she is getting wooden shelving with this next check but i was wondering what this means if its good or bad she pops up normally when i come to greet her.

Attachments

• 20140529_211556.jpg
    20140529_211556.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 20140529_211617.jpg
    20140529_211617.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 52
Soon she won't even pop up when you catch her. When they are really comfortable around you they'll resemble roadkill.

How's the temperature in the from, sometimes if they get too warm, they lay on their side more.

during the day she is in the laundry room which for some reason has central air to it and she fits perfectly next to the dryer which isnt run during the day then at night when it cools down and my mom starts laundry she relaxes in the garage so she doesn't get too hot from being next to the dryer :)

I have one chin that lays like this all the time. The first time she did it my heart skipped a beat because I thought she was dead. I was very relieved when she popped up when I came closer to the cage. This same chin will run herself ragged when out for playtime. She always goes back in her cage on her own but on occasion she won't leave herself enough energy to get back to her cage and she will promptly sprawl out flat on the hard wood floor and go to sleep. Now that I know I get more laughs at the ways she comes up with to just crash. I have a different cage now but looking at these pictures you can see how I might have thought she was dead :/

bebe%20tired2.jpg

bebe%20pillow2.jpg

WP_20131127_003.jpg

My Hannah sleeps like this often, all sprawled out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yea i was definitely scared when i walked into her doing so now i just casually walk in and make sure she is alright and what not :)

Yuki isn't in the habit of sprawling out very often at all. Once, when a friend walked in and saw it he freaked out pretty bad thinking the worst-which woke up Yuki. :) I'm glad I read about it here before i first saw it. And i'm glad Yuki isn't in the habit-Id be waking him up constantly to check he's alive anyways.

Back