Large living world water bottle - not working

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin5609

I dropped and broke one of my chin's plastic water bottles so I went to get a new glass one but they only had the extra large ones so I went with that, I know with these ball bearing ones you need to do it so the pressure is right so it won't either leak or not work at all,

With my bottle on the girl's cage I just hold the ball and tilt it back and the air bubbles pump out and it works fine, but with this extra large one after an hour of trying I CANNOT get a drop of water to come out of it !! Any ideas? I'll return it tomorrow, got a water bowl in there for now.

I've had this problem before but I don't think it depends on the size.. it just happens. And I hate that the manufacturer doesn't have any warranty on any of the parts! Ya just gotta keep buying water bottles til you find ones that don't leak. That's why I have two bottles per cage, in case one gives out.

return it or exchange it if you can. Obviously youll have to get one that works. Be careful with water bowls tho. Chins rly shouldn't get wet. It can cause some health problems like mold growing in there fur. And its only a matter of time till they start throwing it around and what not.

I returned it and went to a different store and they had the same smaller one and it's working fine!

Luckily no water dish incidents happened!

Back