Kimchi became un-potty trained?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sailor_Orbit

Moon Cosmic Power Make up
Hey guys,
So I have Mochi who is under 3 months old and I have Kimchi who is 6-9 months old. When I first got Kimchi, it seemed pretty easy to potty train her. She basically peed near her food. However we went through 3 cages all together. The first one was a smaller temporary one until I could get a larger one. I got the hendryx one but had the problem with the wires not being close together enough. Then I finally got the Ferret Nation 182. Initially I had the plastic pans and put fleece over it then had ceramic on top of it, and put the bedding with a ceramic dish and Kimchi seems to be going fine there. However Mochi went wherever there was fleece, such as the hammock, or NEAR the bedding but not on the bedding (in the ceramic dish). Finally I received the bass metal pans, but then decided to put bedding all on the floor of the pans because to me, the poo started to smell. I have a really sensitive nose. By putting the aspen bedding it helped a lot with the smell. But then Mochi (3 month old) seemed to be going all over the bedding having no particular spot, but seemingly stopped at the hammocks. Granted they only had the metal pan with bedding for 3 days. But Kimchi STOPPED being pee trained. Now she seems to go anywhere in the bedding and not mainly going into the ceramic dish with bedding. Is it because there was frequent change, that she stopped being potty trained? She seemed trained until I got the metal pans and put bedding on that.
but mochi seemed to be progressing with being trained but then you know it seemed to go a step back. but at least she's not really going on the hammocks anymore. Any advise, tricks, timing or feedback about how to get them on the right track of getting them pee trained?

Thanks in advance!

She may just need a little time to get a feel for where she wants. Mine just trained herself. She doesn't want it near her food/water/house and will not go in her carrier because then she'd have to lay in it. She also doesn't ever pee while she's out playing, but did when we first got her.

Back