Just wondering...is building the 2nd cage faster than the first?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinchilla63

I just got a second critter nation cage for Rocky. The first one (has the other two girls) took FOREVER to assemble...I'm a little weak on building skills, lol.
Now I'm looking at all those pieces lying on the family room floor and thinking, oh, sure, this is gonna be so much easier! And if it's not, my family is going to kill me for taking up all the floor space and blocking their Wii game.
Am I fooling myself? What's your personal best on assembly time?

It helps to use a rubber mallet. Not sure if you were using one on the first or not. Sometimes they are hard to fit all the way down. Also before trying to push it down make sure everything is lined up. That is also usually the issue.

Thank you, I remember finally realizing a rubber mallet would save the day...after cursing and sweating for a while!
And a third cage...if I even mention it my husband will kill me, so I won't need instructions!:laughitup:

Yeppers, I skipped the instructions for 2 and 3, but the rubber mallet was a day saver. :D

Well, it's definitely easier figuring out what goes where, but the assembly is still a pain. Halfway done...if I had an uninterrupted hour it would be finished. Fitting the pieces together is not so easy, the Quality cage is much easier to put together (but not so nice, I think.)

Back