Just something fun

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverTheChin

Hi-

My little boy River did the weirdest thing last night. He found a dollar bill i had out to clean the pads of my oboe and he grabed it in his paws and ran on his hind only his hind legs.....Or at least tried to, he tripped on it after a few steps! Then he grabbed it in his mouth and tore across the room with it and i coulden't get it away from him for 2 minutes! He managed to chew a hole in it. He hasn't been acting strangely so i don't think it's affecting his health, but i just thought it would be fun to mention just playful and mischevous chinchillas are.

Heh, that's cute. <3 Last night I had a paper on the floor and Bovvy gravitated right to it, so I started zig zagging it across the floor with my toe and he just followed it back and forth. They're so silly!

One of my boys gets so excited during playtime that he runs around on just his hind legs, only occasionally touching the front ones to the ground to prevent himself from toppling, like he's just about to popcorn! He looks so ridiculous and its adorable.

Edgar stole my glasses right off my head while I was putting hay in his bowl,he just walked up ,it looked like he was going to sniff me, like he always does, and in a flash he grabbed the nose bridge and took off for the lower level of his FN. Got them back as soon as I could,now my glasses have teeth marks. The little brat!

Chins are fun. The other day, River climbed the outside of his cage to jump onto a window rod, where he proceeded to nibble at the hanging houseplant! :D

Chins are probably the most mischievous small animals. One time my chinchilla jumped from the second level of his Critter Nation cage and landed right on top of my dog's head (and the dog was a very big golden retriever)! The chinchilla just sat there for almost a minute before he jumped off. I was so scared the dog was going to somehow knock the chinchilla off and then attack it, but luckily she just stood there happily, probably not even noticing that there was a fat grey chinchilla standing right on top of her head. I wish I could of taken a picture, I mean, what are the chances that the thing a chinchilla is going to land on top of is the family dog!

Back