Just heard terrible new from my friend

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiaSpice

Wheel Cleaner X2
This morning, I just learned trought facebook some terrible news about one of my college friend (she was one of my closest friend back then, and still kept in souche this summer). Apparently, on august 15 she had a really serious boat accident (the boat smashed a bridge pillar). She was between life and death and was in coma for 3 weeks. When she wake up, she did understood people but couldn't talk. Aparently, she started talking a bit recently. That's the little news I have from her. I'm so in shock, that's only the second time someone I new is in a uge accident like that and a first someone was in coma.

The strange thing is I tought of her no later than yesterday, I was wondering why I haven't heard of her since my birthday (aug 11). I was about to write to her wondering what's up... no wonder she wasn't on msn.

I'm keeping in touch with mutual friends for news and I'm really hoping she will get better. I'm trying to get her adress to send her a card, since I can't visit her (they don't allow friends, I understand). I'm so in shock, I can't believe it.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.

Ever since I graduated high school a lot of kids from my graduating class (2005) have been getting into accidents. Its very sad and I was very close with a lot of them. Unfortunately, only 1 out of the 4 (seemed like 1 tragedy a year) accidents did survive. He was hit by a car (drunk driver that believe it or not was a person a grade below our graduating class) but he was in a coma for a while.

Again I'm so sorry, and I know what you are going through. Sending big hugs and wishing a fast recovery.

Karine,
I wish a full recovery on your friend. I know only too well how fleeting life is and that those we love deeply don't always stay forever. Try to get to see her when she's able. It will make your heart feel good.

...I know only too well how fleeting life is...
That's so true, I feel bad not trying to contact her since I had no news, what if she hadn't survived or stayed in coma... I'm just so gratefull she wake up, I can't imagine hoe her boyfriend and sister are going trough. I'll try to go an see her, when it will be alloweed.

Take care of your friends, even if they are not the closest ones, who knows what can happend to them.

I wish your friend a speedy, safe and full recovery. During these times family and friends are crucial. If you don't know the address but know the hospital, try to give the card to the hospital and see it they will send it to the proper address for you. Don't ask for the address directly since they can't GIVE the information but can probably send it themselves, and state in your card you'll need her to contact you back since it was sent via the hospital.

I just found out a few days ago, on Facebook, that a friend of mine died. I believe she died of some sort of cancer, and it was an incredible shock to me. I had no idea how sick she was.

Your friend suffering from such a terrible accident has got to be a huge shock for you and I am so sorry for your friend. I hope she can make a full recovery. We tend to think that we will be ok and around for a long time, as well as our friends, so it is hard to cope with an accident or death. I hope you can be there for her as she recovers, it will mean a lot to her to have friends and family around her during such a tough time.

Back