Juniors Breeders Award

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chauncy_Chins

Junior Breeders Award
Awarded to the junior breeder (18 years or younger) who has qualified 3 of the animals he/she is showing. The animals must have been raised, combed and prepared for the show by the individual to qualify. The junior breeder with the most total points accumulated from the 3 pre-qualified animals will receive a trophy. All others will receive a certificate of Participation.
Certificates of Participation in the Junior Breeder division may be given to those individuals showing animals that they own but have not necessarily bred themselves. Breeder Awards may only be earned by animals produced by the ranchers them selves although other animals may be shown under the original breeder’s brand.

So my questions is this: How often or how many "Junior Breeders" are there at shows?? And if there are any Junior Breeders are there any on CnH??

Its very rare. I have yet so see anyone compete in that class. Most breeders will go for the bob myers breeding award. That is 5 chins of your breeding. Not all shows have those awards. The atlantic chapter does myers award, nationals has their own awards....

Atlantic is the only chapter that has the Bob Myers award. The junior breeder award is available at every MCBA show, if the chapter chooses to use it. I've seen anywhere from one person to three or four going for it. In most cases, if a chapter knows a junior breeder is attending a show, they will offer the award. If your chins do well enough, you would receive a trophy and or a certificate.

My son has competed for the Junior Breeder award for 4 or 5 years now at the Michigan Show and at Nationals.

Back