Joined two days ago and want to say hi!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahKay

Mother of Zeb and Roo
I'm from the Buffalo area and I have two male standard greys.
I got my boy Zeb (1.5 years) in June off craigslist from a Cornell vet student / breeder and by baby Roo (12 weeks) about a week ago also from craigslist from a family.
I've wanted chinchillas for a really long time and I surprised myself with how much I fell in love with my Zeb. I've become essentially obsessed with chins and am super happy to have two handsome boys. Right now I'm a college student and my chinchillas live in my off-campus house with me but once I've moved out, I want to start breeding because I am super passionate about these unique, adorable, lovable pets.
My boy Zeb loves being scratched under his chin and eating raisins, sunflower seeds, and plain cheerios (in moderation) and often throws hissy fits if I won't let him out of his cage when he wants out. He also loves having a fan on him and is a fantastic jumper.
Roo is still a bit of a nibbler, and he prefers to sleep on just his hind legs, which I find adorable. He is an expert cage climber and his whiskers that are adorably too long for his face at the moment.
Also, they both have facebook pages and I think that I have turned a few dozen people into chin fans just by posting the most adorable photos I can possibly find of my two babies.

Also, I hope to eventually make my boys cage mates since Zeb lived with a white mosaic male when I bought him and Roo was one of two in his litter and lived with his father when I purchased him.
Interesting fact: I bought Zeb a flying saucer wheel about a month and a half ago that he seems to prefer sleeping under. The moment I let Roo on it, he started sprinting like it was his job. It looks like the new chin is the more clever of the two.

Welcome to CnH! Check out the Breeding section if you think that breeding chins is what you want to do! It will help a LOT!

Thanks for joining!

I won't breed for a few years but I will check it out. Also, I have a milllion and a half questions to ask and don't think I am up to making the many, many posts I would need to do to get my questions answered so I think I'll keep an eye on chat in case anyone ever goes on there!

Welcome! Chins are very addicting. I just want to mention raisins and sunflower seeds are not good for chins. I recommend you stop giving them to your boys. Can't wait to see pics of your boys. :)

Latest posts

Back