Joey's Critter Nation

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhowell28

Here are some pictures of Joey's new cage, I know this wheel is not suitable, so I have a new one on the way. The liners have an owl print on them that is adorable! I have also included pics of my first DIY chin project - kiln dried pine shelves that my boyfriend & I made together :)

Top Level
IMAG0003.jpg

He loves sleeping on his fleece couch :)

Bottom Level
IMAG0004.jpg

Homemade Shelves
IMAG0002-1.jpg

Very nice job! I bet Joey loves it. I assume you're using the fleece liners for urine rather than a small litter pan?

Yes, he is in chinchilla heaven :) I have been using the fleece liners for urine rather than a litter pan. I have tried the litter pan with him before and he just didn't take to it, unfortunately. I had litter lining the bottom of his old cage and that's the only place he ever peed. But when I tried using a litter pan in this cage he didn't understand that's where I wanted him to go! haha

I have the pans that came with the cage in it right now. Since I have the liners on them he doesn't try to chew the plastic!

Nice set up, I'm sure he loves it! I have a question for you (or anyone who makes their own KD Pine shelves) how do you get the edges rounded/not so blunt? Like, at an angle?

My boyfriend and I used a wood router, it was actually pretty simple. He did most of the power tool work & I did most of the sanding :)

Oooh I like it! We are currently revamping our FN with wood shelves and the like! I hope our little guys will like it as much as Joey seems to like his!

Wow. I have the same cage and a Chinspin for Lola too. I made a scatter guard and attached it to the outside of the cage to keep the floor cleaner.

Love the flooring. Is it granite? I was thinking of doing the same thing. I've swapped out the plastic trays for wooden shelves and floors. Only problem with the wood is I think Lola is part beaver. She's chewing the heck out of them.

Great cage. Love the Chinspin

Latest posts

Back