Joey

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Hooked on Hogs
On the weekend I got an email from a woman looking for a hedgehog rescue. The hedgehog had been seized during a raid on a house and 'she' was living in horrible conditions and owned by a 17 year old druggie. The woman contacting me was going to keep her but felt she was far to unsocial for her family to handle. Today we met half way and our newest rescue came to live with us.

As soon as I saw 'her', I suspected she was a he and I was right. She is a little boy. He is very easy to handle, raises his quills for a few seconds and then puts them down. He does have sharp little teeth and knows how to use them though. My finger is proof of that. I got what felt like a little warning nip and when I looked I was bleeding from both top and bottom teeth. I suspect that since he didn't have a wheel he spent his time sharpening his teeth. From the situation he came from, he probably needed to. Maybe I should name him Vlad. :laughitup:

He is a very tiny little guy. I haven't weighed him yet but I suspect he is no more than 250g. The police were told by a neighbour that he was purchased right before Christmas so he is probably not even a year old yet.

I've named him Joey for now in case he has bad memories of his former girly name. He is a cutie and once we get the biting under control he will hopefully be able to be adopted out. I'm sure the biting is from fear.

Pictures will come later. He is resting from his exciting morning.

I never know whether to say congrats or not on rescues. I always feel bad for them that they needed a new home. But he certainly is in a much better place to live.

Yay for Joey! I do hope the biting is from fear (understandable if it is), but you could have a Cuda wannabe on your hands. Cuda bites for sport.

I'm sure he'll flourish with some Hedgie Den specialized care.

Excellent news Nancy! I personally am glad to hear when rescues come into good hands though I know what you mean Julie. I felt bad hoping that a rescue would come along so our house wouldn't be so empty. I had to remind myself that perhaps that meant that all the hedgies in Edmonton are happy right now.

250g is small, but we all know that he will reach his full potential in your care (and that might be that he really is a small guy). Congrats Nancy!

Joey doesn't know it yet but he is really in Nancy's hedgie heaven!!!!!!

Vlad <snicker> I love it.

I won't say congratulations on the new rescue, much like Julie said, it feels kinda odd. But, I will say good luck with him and looking forward to pictures.

I agree congratulations Joey on your new much improved family and life!!!

Latest posts

Back