Jingle & Bells

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMSChins

Hendryx Chinchillas
A27 and A28 were born Christmas Eve while my family entertained my husband's side of the family at our home last evening. What a nice Christmas present to find two nice fat and fluffy standard babies all nice and warm tucked up underneath mama before I turned in for the night. Please welcome Jingle & Bells to our herd. A pure standard male and female out of a first time Fauber female (Lucy) and Firebaugh male (Crash). Very, very nice parents so I am hoping they grow out nice for show.

Attachments

• DSC_0140.jpg
    DSC_0140.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 95
Jingle and Bells are gaining steadily, they both lost 2 gms the first day but have both gained 2-3 gms a day since and will be a week old tomorrow.

The two surviving kits out of the set of triplets from my beached whale from the other thread are doing well. It took moms milk a while to come in but once it did they have started to gain well. They started off so small so are still on the small side, 2 1/2 weeks old and just 67 and 68 gms but tiny little bowling balls. Small, round with little short tails - I have never seen kits like them before. I am beginning to think they were a bit premature. Mom was a hefer at over 1100 gms and the sire is nothing to sneeze at at over 770 gms in breeding so not sure why they are so small. Will have to wait and see how they turn out. They are awfully cute! :)

Back