James and Scotty are FINALLY HERE!! :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyzarandGemma

Chinchilla Enthusiasts!
So for anyone that knows Ian and me, you know that we have been preparing for what seems like AGES to get our two chinnies: James T. Kirk and Montgomery Scott (Scotty). Well they're here and we couldn't be more happy!

They are very curious little guys! We got woken up at 645am day two to them throwing things all around their cage and chattering (it sounded like laughing ha ha). Then last night at 1am, Scotty was calling out to see if there were any other chinchillas around!

They are very curious little guys that have explored our fingers, erm, deeply (ouch!) but we look forward to sometime next week attempting to pick them up. We want them to have time to settle in. Like I said, they've bit a few times (followed by firm "no's"), so I am unsure how the first holdings will go, but mostly they seem curious, not vicious or anything. They've never kacked! I think they're just young and haven't realised how fragile mommy and daddy are yet ha ha!

Anyways, enough about my stinkers. Here are some pictures! The standard is James and the ebony is Scotty.

Attachments

• IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0213.jpg
    IMG_0213.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Love your setup, even better with chins now ;)

They really like that tube huh!

I remembered you were getting them this last weekend and have been waiting for pics! I still have 24 days to go! It's so unbearable! Congrats on the little guys. :)

Oh my goodness! So much cuteness! Love the pics and as always love their trekky set up ;) My boys did some rather painful test nibbles when they first arrived, I think they thought I was a chew toy o_O Now they don't do it though since they've figured out that I'm their supplier of pellets, hay, rosehips, and scritches!
Congratulations on your new additions!

Thanks!!! We're rather partial to them ha ha. :) They LOVE their cage. Scotty likes to do barrel rolls under the Enterprise. James has taken to eating his hay basket lol :laughitup:

I think I'm obsessed with ebony chinchillas/chinchillas with the ebony gene lol. They're so awesome! Congrats :)

I was wondering if you were going to post. The boys look great in their new home. I am sure that they will continue to live the spoiled life. It's nice to know where my babies go and how they are taken care of. I am missing my chinnie kisses from James right now.

We are like new parents, taking pictures of them day and night. We will update this later this week with more pictures ha ha! We just have so many to choose from!

Latest posts

Back