I've given in......

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittney

Well yesterday, I received a large sum of money from my grandparents. I have been saving up for a new car since my current one is obviously out to kill me. I was cleaning the chinchilla cages and while I was cleaning my QC Mansion that I have split down the middle with a board of pine, I got stuck.... I decided I can't get a good enough clean without hurting myself or the cage.

I am now spending my money on a couple of ferret nations. My thoughts are.... Charlie and Ande (who are in my split QC) can have their own large area, be easily accessed, get a thorough clean, and can't get to eachother. Bryson and Dylan are starting to bully eachother, so this makes it easier if I have to immediately separate them...

Now, I plan on getting them from Ferret.com. Seems to be the cheapest out there. Has anyone bought from them? Reliable?

I still have the wood from my QCs and I can cut up that pine board and use it, so no need to buy wood. I'm excited! I think this will be good for them. Gives them more room and makes it easier to clean.

Anything I must know about the cages? Thanks!

I've bought all my FN's from ferret.com during their $5.99 shipping promos. They got here 2 days after I ordered them, but I'm also only located a couple hours from the Midwest warehouse.

Getting bass pans would be a good idea from www.bassequipment.com. The plastic pans they come with are very shallow and easily chewed. You can make "pillow case" fleece liners for them but the bass pans really help keep in the mess.

When making shelves keep in mind you can't bolt the front to back shelves to the fronts of the cage because of the doors, so you'll have to bolt to the sides and back.

I put mine together by myself but it would have been a lot easier with another person, so if you have a volunteer it would help. I couldn't carry the box by myself (I think they each weigh about 100 pounds) so I had to take everything out of the box one by one and move it to where I wanted the cages.

Back