It's quads!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuddlebug

My medium ebony girl Samantha gave birth 3 days ago. When I left to go to an appointment, she had 2 very wet kits with her. When I returned, my husband was lying on the floor next to the cage, holding a handful of babies. I looked and said oooo, trips? He said, NO, quads. I just dropped everything! He said that Sammy started screaming so he went to check on her. When he reached in the cage the normally feisty girl crawled into his hand and had 2 kits right there in his hand. He's so pleased with himself, lol. Sammy had 2 dark to extra dark ebonies and 2 medium ebonies. ALL girls! I am so tickled. So without further ado, meet Heather and Freida, dark ebonies, and Charlotte and Marcie, medium ebonies.

Attachments

• Quadsweb.JPG
    Quadsweb.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Heatherweb.jpg
    Heatherweb.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 80
  • Freidaweb.JPG
    Freidaweb.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 79
  • charlotteweb.JPG
    charlotteweb.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Marcieweb.jpg
    Marcieweb.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 81
They are adorable! I can't believe she had four and I'd imagine I'd want to scream too. Hope mama and babies continue to do well!

Congratulations on the 4 - cute and look to be full-term!
Any weights?
Keep an eye on them, as the only time I had 'kit fights', it was with quads!

They are so beautiful! I love the extra dark ebs... so regal looking! Can we have any pictures of mama?

Thanks everyone! The weights on the kits were as follows: Heather - extra dark ebony, 42 grams, Freida - extra dark ebony, 44 grams, Charlotte - med. ebony, 42 grams, and Marcie - med. ebony, 40 grams.

Rick, I, too have had quads fight. That was my very first litter and 2 of them got beat up pretty good. All survived with lots of help from me.

Here's a pic of mom.

Attachments

• samweb1.jpg
    samweb1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 32
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
They're so cute!!!

I just about died when I read that part about her giving birth in your husband's hands...that is AMAZING.

"...right there in his hands"!!!! WOWWWW!!!

Lucky Grandpa!!!

Those 4 are absolutely adorable!!! :hearts:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
They're so cute!!!

I just about died when I read that part about her giving birth in your husband's hands...that is AMAZING.

And this is the girl that just did not like being picked up and she also would spray my husband if he came anywhere near the cage. She is a totally different girl now. She come to the front of the cage to say "hi" if she thinks you're looking at her.

Quote 3c'sMommy "Congratulations, esp. to what I assume is one proud (human) grandpa! He's lucky to see it, let alone get to midwife."

I guess it was his turn to play midwife. I did that a month ago white my violet girl had a breach birth and the kit was stuck. I had to gently pull the little boy out.

Latest posts

Back