It's been a year since we lost my grandpa...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stackie

I bite.
Some of you remember my grandpa's long battle with cancer and him passing away. Well, tomorrow marks one year since he lost his 9 year battle with cancer that started in his colon and ultimately ended up in his brain. He was 59. I can't believe it's been a year already.

I don't think I ever shared photos of him. Here's a few I had on my computer. He was going through chemo in both of these pictures.
gpa2.jpg

gpa.jpg

Love and miss you, g-pa.

:hug2: Hugs for you. Anniversaries are always hard. He's in a better place now where there is no suffering.

My grandpa passed several years ago, but it still feels like few days ago ...
As long as you keep him in your thoughts ... well you know what I mean

I can't believe a year has already passed. It seems like just yesterday you were sharing stories about him.
You'll be in my thoughts today, Stack! *HUGS*

awww. hugs for you. i hope you only have happy memories. thanks for sharing the pictures. he looks like a loving man.
sadly the pain of losing a gramps that you were close to takes a while to get over. mine passed away over 5 years ago and i still get a tear in my eye when i think of him.

I just lost my grandmother a year ago. Your feelings resonate with me. She was my last grandparent to pass. It was a sobering moment when I realized that my parents will be next (If I rely on the natural order of things to progress). This is why, for me anyway, pets are so important! It gives you something to love who won't say anything wrong while you cry and complain about your loss.

My grandpa died when I was a teen, from colon cancer. I watched him slowly waste away in the hospital, from a strong, active man, to a skeleton. I still remember the day we got the phone call from the hospital that he had died. Some things you never forget, no matter how much time passes. My grandfather had meant a lot to me, as I'm sure your grandfather did to you. You take it one anniversary at a time. I hope you can spend the day recalling fond memories of your grandpa with other family members because grandparents truly are special. I'm sorry you lost your grandfather a year ago. But his spirit is always with you!

ETA - I just saw the post date and realized this was last month for you!

Back