Itchy Chinchilla?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemarie

Maybe, I'm just a new paranoid mom and I'm reading into it too much.
But I feel like Benny is always scratching.

I first thought fleas but my cat doesn't have fleas.
and my dad said they don't get fleas. then said maybe it's allergies.
My boyfriend says that he might just be itchy.
and all I'm thinking the worse and I should take him to the vet.

Can any one tell me what i should do. ? Or just re-insure me that i'm just paranoid and reading into it.?

How often is he being given a dust bath? His skin could be dry due to too much dust or could be oily due to too little dust. That would make him itchy. What do his ears and feet look like? Do they look dried out?

His feet and ears don't seem dried out. every other day I will place his bath with him during his play time until he starts to want to chew the bathhouse. I gave him a dust bath last night and he seemed to stop scratching as much (even though it was two days in a row)

When I first got my chin, she did that. I reduced the amount of times she gets a dust bath during the week, and she doesn't scratch as much. Since I live in a pretty dry climate, she only gets her bath about once a week. (Although I do keep an eye on her just to make sure she doesn't look too "greasy". If so, then she gets an additional bath during the week :))

Back