It must be fate!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragsil

I was browsing the online sales for chins and found a listing for a chin I saw for sale about three months ago and just assumes had already been sold, he is a black two year old little boy and the cutest little thing ever! Anyway, I noticed yesterday that he has been relisted by the original seller so I sent an email and am in the process of arranging to meet Sid!

The timing is great since we have a spage cage (although he comes with a cage, not sure of the quality/condition yet though) and we have enough time/money to devote to another boy, have pretty much got the go ahead from my boyfriend so if we have a good meeting we will be arranging for him to come home sometime after Christmas when things have settled down here.

So glad I saw him listed still, it´s really cool because he is only 15 minutes away from us, there are so few chins for sale here that in order to find the perfect boys last time we had to drive over 2.5 hours just to get there.

Waiting for another reply from his owner, fingers crossed everything goes well!

All done, we are meeting Sid at 1:30pm tomorrow!!!!!!! I am pretty excited, apparently he really likes to be scratched under the chin and armpit which my two boys are not keen on, maybe I´ll finally get to see a scritchy face in real life ;)

Thanks! I´m pretty excited about it since I´ve enjoyed my two boys so much so far and have heaps of room for a third to join the party ;) I´m not sure if I will try to bond Sid with my two, but will see how things go in thirty days after the quarantine. Think he might keep his name too since I think it´s sweet.

Here are the pics I have so far from the current owner:
sid.jpg

Taking a little nap on his shelf

sidochwilly.jpg

Playing with a rabbit....hrmm....

sid1.jpg

Is that a peanut I see? We´ll soon put an end to that!

Anyway, you can tell he´s a cutie pie. Would his colour be considered black velvet? Looks so to me from the pics I´ve seen.

Congrats! He is definitely a black velvet, although I feel like in Europe they might call them something else since a few mutations are different names over there.

You must have cringed seeing him with the rabbit...although it is a cute rabbit in the its so weirdly furry its adorable.

I checked the results of a recent shows, here greys are called grå but some colours are still in english and there is a class for black velvets, so I´m guessing it´s the same. Mosaics have a different name here though, it´s a bit confusing.

Yeah it´s a cute (giant!) rabbit for sure but I did cringe a bit, apparently he plays with a cat too which I am glad I didnt see a picture of ;) I´m going to be extra careful with quarantine and have him in a completley different area of the house to my other chins for at least the first month since I´ld be worried about him potentially having picked something up from the other animals. It should be ok though, apparently he has been hanging out with them for two years.

Back