Is this too small?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutiePie

Member Here :)
I have a wooden house in my chinchillas cage. It is the second from last one pictured here: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31zw4HEZLjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg SO its the medium. The corner opening is plenty big for her to go in and out but she uses the circle door on the front and its too small, she gets stuck sometimes whens he runs quickly in and out, not stuck to where she cant escape, but it slows her down a bit lol and I dont know if she will hurt herself. Like I said before, the corner opening is huge and she has plenty of room to get in and out but she likes to use the one she can barley fit threw.
Would she actually hurt herself or would she know better? Since there IS a large suitable opening, couldnt I just keep the house? Or should I toss it? Does anyone else use this kind?

I have a similiar house in one of my cages but the chin chewed the front and now it's just one big opening and no more small window. I would just make your own house as it would last a lot longer. Some of those houses have metal pieces in the corner.

If she's getting stuck I would take it away. Even though there is a doorway, I wouldn't risk her having an injury.

Is there any way you could cut or sand the window so it's bigger?? Just in case she did actually get stuck, espcially if you weren't home to help her.

Latest posts

Back