Is this suitable for Two chinchillas, if even chinchillas at all?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ledges seem to be plastic which is not good because they will be chewed. you could probably get wood ledges to attach to it. I don't really know about the appropriate sizes.

Why not look for an all metal aviary cage? You can add in your own ledges quite easily....

That cage is fine, but I'm going to tell you right now, lift out cages are a pain in the butt. You are most likely going to replace the shelves with wood, probably put a wheel in, a feeder, etc. That's going to up lifting that thing off the base by about 10 pounds. It gets real old, real fast. A slide in bottom is so much easier.

many people here will tell you that a cage with a plastic bottom like that isnt good. true... many chins DO chew and eat plastic. however, i think its fine enough to try. see if your chin nibbles... but have a back up plan if they do. i have a cage like this as a backup or travel cage and it's fine for mine for a few days. but yes, make sure you get chin woodenledges in there, and take out that plastic tube (or cover it in fleece).

Back