Is this ringworm???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shopaholic0514

I, too, see what looks like nasal discharge. I also see some very irritated skin. I would have this chin checked by a vet for both a URI and fungus.

Yeah my vote is dried discharge or fungus. Point them toward a vet for sure. If its only on one side of the nose it is more likely to be fungus...unless the chin laid on its side long enough to only have discharge on one side....which would be really bizarre

Looking at the picture of the poor little thing makes me want to cry.
Please help him!

The owner said she does have runny nose and from the new pics, I guess its only on the right side of the nose. I will ask.

Good luck on those forums. I used to be a member of several and the majority of the people not only don't know how to care for chins, they don't care to learn. I've seen them kept in completely enclosed plexiglass cages. I've seen them breeding 350 gm females. I've seen them leaving brother and sister together their whole lives, unaltered. I would try and explain how and why to do things differently, and all I got was attitude.

If the chin has a runny nose, it needs to see a vet. Don't ask for more pictures. Don't ask for reasons. Tell them the animal needs to see a vet or it will most likely die.

The owner said he did, he actually took her to a vet, but he said he is from a small city in China and the vet people has never even heard of chinchillas before.
I care because this owner is really worried, he at least try to be responsible.

Okay, I told him to take her to another vet, take her to a bigger city or something. She must see a vet.
I feel pretty emotional right now, poor poor baby, she is only 4 months old...

Latest posts

Back