Is this normal?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mookie

My baby boy Mo I hold very often and he trusts me. When I was hlding him today for around an hour, he was sleeping on my shoulder for almost the whole time and when I went to clean up all the feces there was none! he doesnt usually poop alot when he is out of the cage at all, some times not at all, but when he is in his cage he does normally and he poop if its too loud where im holding him. Is there arnythingwrong with him?

If he's sleeping during playtime and not pooping he may be pretty sick actually. Has he been eating his pellets or hay?

Poop is a big indicator of health in chinchillas, i'd really watch to see how much he is going. My chinchilla Neve is a poop fiend, especially during her playtime.

He is eating and drinking fine, actually he is nibbling on pellets right now. And his poops do look normal. When it was playtime yesterday he wasnt running around in his playpen, I was just holding him and he was sitting on my shoulder. When he is in the playpen he poops normally.

Back