Is this hut safe?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minccino

Chin-sational
Image Here.

I noticed it before and thought it was super cute and a nice size for a chinchilla.. and now it's only 12 bucks! I don't see where it says what it is colored with, but I would assume it is pet safe just as what the wooden toys are colored with?? Does anyone know/have this hut? Of course I'd remove the paper pieces.

cant rly say without an ingredients list. I wouldnt buy anything that i couldnt say exactly what every piece is made of.

and considering its petsmart... i wouldnt get my hopes up for being chin safe.

Aww, that's too bad! I really liked it.
I'll have to get something from Twilight Chinchilla's one of these days.
Thanks for the help guys :))

Well first do you realize you linked the US not the Canada one? The Canada site still says they are $30. Also it says it's designed to encourage chewing, meaning the glue used would most likely be a nontoxic one otherwise it can't be marketed as safe to chew. Just my thoughts anyway.

Well first do you realize you linked the US not the Canada one? The Canada site still says they are $30. Also it says it's designed to encourage chewing, meaning the glue used would most likely be a nontoxic one otherwise it can't be marketed as safe to chew. Just my thoughts anyway.

Yeah I noticed afterwards that it was on the US version :hilarious: It threw me off because I browse it a lot and always have it set on Canada; but I was still curious to know because I would still purchase it for that price, as long it was safe. :)) I just find it "fishy" that it doesn't state "made with natural food coloring" or or something to that effect, as most products do.

I wouldn't. I smelled the glue that was exposed and it smelled chemically.

Maybe the ones in the US are different? The ones I saw at Petsmart up here didn't smell, just smelled like wood. I remember cause I was looking at them too thinking they were cute, and that my boys would dismantle the decorations in about a night, lol. I'm not trying to cause an issue, it's just odd that it's different.

They are cute. And I was thinking buying the plain one and dying it myself. Using a peg method to attach flowers , make them tulips though. Seem simple to do with the right saw

Not safe but if you got untreated pine board you could make one just like it.

Not safe but if you got untreated pine board you could make one just like it.

My boyfriend is actually very interested in crafting something for me. :cute: I may get some supplies and try it out sometime!

I'd love to paint too, if I could figure out how to make it and what to use as far as safe food coloring.

Thanks for your input. :))

Latest posts

Back