Is this going to be like this the rest of her life?...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddy

<--My little soldier!
Some of you may have read previous threads regarding my chins health issues.
Fortunetly, she is eating pellets and I'm finally having to go to the pet store to buy food! She is obviously eating them and swallowing as she still poos. However unfortunately she still counts on her syringe food. Her poos go to small if she doesn't get it once a day atleast.
Will she be on this for the rest of her life? Or will she ever just eat?
I;m guessing the bloat and stasis has caused some kind of damage to her digestive system?
vet's for the thousand time next week '-.-

Try slowly reducing the syringe food. As you do that, weigh the amount of pellets you put in her bowl, following day at same time weigh how much is left in her bowl and keep tab daily to see if she is eating more pellets as you reduce the syringe feed.

I believe in time she will eat pellets only.

On your syringe feeding,as long as you monitor her weight, you could try mixing the CC with crushed pellets.Gradually increase the ratio of crushed pellets to CC.Then after the syringe feeding is all crushed pellets,start cutting back on the thickness and wean her completely that way???:hmm:

Some animals get "addicted" to the syringe feeding. Usually we come to find out it is the time with their owners that they want. Start hand offering pellets when you syringe feed as well. Also keeping a small bowl of CC in the cage can help separate the thought of CC with owner time.

Latest posts

Back