Is this dust bath any good?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdiz123

Hi! I'm pretty new to the forum and this is my first thread.
I live in Chile (in south america) and they sell chinchillas here, next week I'm getting one from a chinchilla breeder. (As most of you know they are actually native to the Andes mountains of Chile).
Well luckily I have been able to find pretty good quality products like Mazuri pellets, Hay, chew toys, good cage, etc. But the ONLY dust bath sand I have been able to find is this one:
http://www.petland.ca/small-animal/small-pet-grooming/living-world-chinchilla-bath-sand.html

It say's its all natural mountain dust sand but I have NO idea if it's any good or not. It's pretty much all they sell around here so I'm worried if it's not safe for the chin, if it's really bad I'll try to get some quality dust sand shipped here.

I'd check the ingredients. If it is just all natural mountain dust it's not going to have other ingredients. Also, look at it, if it has a bit of a sparkle to it, it most likely has some sand in it as filler.

However, I've never heard of anyone letting their chin have 20-30mins straight in a dust bath in a day.

I use blue sparkle or blue cloud dust because my chins don't like anything else. It seems safe enough and if it's all you can get I would give it a try.

Back