Is this an ad?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessers

I saw this and it confused me since I don't use craiglist and so now I have two questions.
Are chinchillas really hypo-allerginic?
and is Craiglist a forum?
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/pet/1807603742.html
Chinchillas can indeed cause allergies. There is simply no such thing as an animal that is "hypo-allergenic" That is a buzz word manufactured by the pet industry to increase sales of certain breeds of animals.

It CAN be less likely to be allergic to a chinchilla, but a person can still have allergies to it.

Heck, a person can even be allergic to sun, or water!

People need to stop judging so **** much, and being such little know it alls on this forum.

No, they aren't hypoallergenic, but people very rarely, if ever, have a reaction to the chins themselves. Generally they have a reaction ot the dust, shavings, hay, etc.

No, this isn't an ad. This is someone complaining about someone else's ad.

Seriously, I hate Craigslist.

Chinchillas themselves are hypoallergenic. The items routinely used in their care are not. They're really called hypoallergenic because they don't have dander. And hypoallergenic does not mean "NO allergens" it means "LOW allergens" or "below normal". So you are less likely to have an allergy to them than to other animals, it doesn't mean they are free of allergens...that would be non-allergenic which people seem to think hypoallergenic means.

Back