Is THIS a good idea?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velm

I'm just chinchillin'
Picture0001.jpg

Picture0002.jpg

just a vase!
I was thinking during the hot months of summer, I could fill these up with ice cold water and put clear wrap around the top and tie a rubber band around the clear wrap, and sit it very close on the OUTSIDE of my Chins cage? (since it has no top and clear wrap isn't safe if chewed I wouldn't want it inside the cage) I have like 4 more of these little vases, so I could seriously put one where ever it's needed. I can sit them on chairs or even a table or something close to the cage.

What do you guys think? Is this a good idea and do you think it'll work? I tested it out by feeling it up with ice water and it felt pretty nice to me. Oh and I'm still gonna use mason jars inside the cages in socks too.

Oh btw, I have air condition, it stays about 69-75 in my house. But this is just in case!

Fill it with ice and buy a small fan. You can even get ones that run on D batteries. Blow the fan across it over the cage and it will spread the cold air which sinks. Don't point it directly at your animals with no way to get out of the air flow. It then is equal to putting them in front of a cold draft and they might get sick. People do it on a larger scale for outdoor rabbitries. They'll put coolers of ice and box fans blowing in front of the cages. It can drop the temp up to 10F in those conditions.

Fill it with ice and buy a small fan. You can even get ones that run on D batteries. Blow the fan across it over the cage and it will spread the cold air which sinks. Don't point it directly at your animals with no way to get out of the air flow. It then is equal to putting them in front of a cold draft and they might get sick. People do it on a larger scale for outdoor rabbitries. They'll put coolers of ice and box fans blowing in front of the cages. It can drop the temp up to 10F in those conditions.

Thanks for the suggestions! I saw this on youtube earlier and thought it was a really neat and cheap way to make my own air condition if temp gets too hot: http: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PwplxoJSDw&list=PLUBlJdAXBa7xzi5oisOdWmkEa3QMwkrLE&index=49

Back