Is she popcorning?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandebear

My Chinchilla loves being let out of her cage to run around. I've noticed though, that she has a very precise way of maying her way around the room. When she does this, she runs at the wall, jumps, kicks off of it, then jumps at the door, the next wall, the dryer, makes a full circle around the room, then runs back into her cage. I've seen other chins popcorn before, but that doesn't look anything alike what she does, really... she uses the walls as ramps so she can do flips off of them. it's the strangest and funniest thing to watch. :laughitup: Is this her way of popcorning? Does anyone else's chins do this? Its quite hilarious, I hope she's doing it because she's happy.

The first thing one of mine does when let out is to race around the room wall surfing off anything she can, including my leg if I'm in her way. I guess it's her way of burning off pent-up energy.

Mine wall surfs all the time! He has some pretty cool moves lol so fun to watch :)

I have a 2 year old male that wall surfs in his cage, never touching the shelves or floor. He can do this for hours. His girls hate it when he does it because he will bounce off of them, usually off of their heads.

My boy Gizmo use to wall surf when he had his own room at my old house. Now that I live with my boyfriend and have 2 chins, they don't have the luxury of their own chin-safe room. They do jump off the walls of the pop-up playpen, but it's not the same. We will be moving into a new house soon where they will be getting their own room and I can't wait to watch them wall-surf and popcorn again!

My girl wall surfs like crazy, she has even surfed off of my head before. She also will run around the room a lap or two, then back to her cage going up every level.

Latest posts

Back