is sassy okay?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GuidoTheHedgie

she has become really unactive.
she still eats and drinks, but i havent seen her run around or wheel in a while.

everyday when the girls get their out of cage time, she just lays on her tummy. doesnt move.

cheezit runs around and explores, just like sassy used to do..

is something wrong? :(

That was my first thought too: that she might be too cold. Different hedgies sometimes require different temperatures.

Another thought is if she's eating and drinking... just not running around... how long are her nails?

their temp. is usually 75 or 76.

her nails just got cut a few days ago.

Is it possible that they're not getting along well when you're not there? Maybe Cheezit is dominating Sassy or otherwise tiring her out...

Do they each have their own wheel?

How warm is Sassy's tummy compared with Cheezit's tummy?

they get along great.
they're from the same litter, so they've never been seperated.
they have two wheels, two houses, and multiple bags.
i've never seen them not get along. they're always snuggled up together.

both babies tummies are pretty warm. sassy was up last time i checked on them.

she's still inactive.
she wheels some, but when we get them out for playtime, she does not do much at all.
she's either not moving or randomly she runs away to hide.

Hmm... if she's eating, pooping, wheeling at night, and otherwise seems fine I'm starting to think that maybe she's growing up to be a snuggle-hog rather than an explorer like her sister.

she gets daylight during the day and when it gets dark i turn on two lamps in my room and i turn them off when i go to bed.

Back