Is raffia safe?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Skippy

I saw some nice hanging toys on cabirdnerds website but they have raffia in them. I know that raffia is from the palm tree and as palm leaf shredders are safe for chins can I assume that raffia is also safe for them?

Thanks

I have given my boys some toys with that inside the balls. I watched them play with it and mine just pull it out and throw it around... but Ill wait and see what everyone else says. BUT normally what is safe for birds is safe for chins and they have it on bird toys.

Five years ago when we started selling woods, I did some searching around for something safe to tie up our bags of woods with and came up with Raffia as a chin-safe natural alternative to rubber bands and have been using it ever since. I'm sorry that I can't remember where I saw that it was chin-safe, but that was long before my last computer took a dump. It might have been either on ChinCare or C2H as both ladies there have done a lot to help us ensure that ALL of our products are Chin-Safe.
1 vote for raffia is safe :)

I agree with Barbi. Like her, I read somewhere that ruffia is safe but for the heck of me I can't remember where I read it from.

Thanks everybody. Though I have just discovered that they no longer offer international shipping so I do not know where I will get Skippy's toys now!

Thanks a million for these websites. I always use the chinchilla2shop website and the others have some nice things too but nobody seems to have what the cabirdnerds have!

Life is never easy when you have a chin!!!

Back