Is my hair ring removal method bad?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunnyastounded

<---Apple Tree Enthusiast
Snickers is a very stubborn chin. It's his way or the highway. Unfortunately this personality traits makes hair ring removing near impossible. As soon as I maneuver him into his back and pin him (so to speak) he immediately begins fussing. Due to this and the fact that I have to deal with a hair ring every other month with him, I developed a new strategy. It seems extremely odd, but hear me out! When I notice Snickers has developed a hair ring, I take a dry towel and allow him to rump it. For most of the time, an erection does occur. When that happens, I softly pull the penis, which eventually removes the hair ring. I use this same method to check him for a hair ring by observing the penis while he grooms himself after the rumping.

Although this method is odd, and could even be viewed as gross, it has solved my problem. Do you guys see anything wrong with this?

:laughitup: BAAAHAHAH first time I have heard this one! Thats too funny! So clever though

Latest posts

Back