Is daily C from oxbow safe?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drawn2beaches

I bought this stuff a couple days ago i decided not to use it without confirmation of its safety for my little one. Its "Daily C" manufactured by Oxbow, ingredients:pineapple powder 100mg, vitamin c 50mg, apple fiber powder 20mg, cranberry fruit powder 20mg, maltodextrin, cellulose, natural flavor, silicon dioxide, magnesium sterate(VEG), lo han fruit concentrate.

seems okay I just want to make sure with you guys before i open the bottle and use it.

I have never heard that chins actually need a vit C suppliment. I do know that guinea pigs do, because their systems do not process it well, and they need it for their health. I would hold off until you are sure it is safe for your chin.

I give it to my GP's, my Degu on a regular basis and my one malo chin as an occasional treat for the extra Vit C, but not to my other 2 chins because of the fruit thing. I would ask some of the more knowledgeable chin people on here though about it.

if you have him on a quality diet, you souldn't need to give any extras.. however, if you do wish to give vit c, you can use rosehips...

Latest posts

Back