Is Chloe Lonely?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caiti

So the other night, Chloe (my solo chin) starts making this sound that I've only infrequently heard her make before. I start to look up what it might be, as I have before (but with not great luck), and find a site with the sound since the usual site I use doesn't work for me again.

Chloe starts reacting to me playing the sounds and I match her sound to the fourth track entitled "Angry" (though as a certain Kristy mentions in the comments it's not an angry sound :D). We end up doing this back and forth for hours. I stay up a little later, doing some online shopping and crossword puzzles just so I can toggle between those and the chin sounds site to press play whenever I hear Chloe making the sound...hehe.

My best guess is like Kristy said, it's a call between social connections and more of a bonding thing. Which is flattering, but it makes me wonder whether Chloe would like to live with another chin? I don't know if she ever has and there is no way of me finding that out. The thought of it scares me and I'd hate it if Chloe didn't get along with other chins. Every animal I've had prefers to be alone and I'm used to it! What does everyone think?

Woodrow had been alone his entire life (all 15 months...) but I actually did something similar where I played the sounds and he got all excited. So we got him Jasper and now they're the best of friends!! It started a little rough with Woodrow playing big bad chin on the block, but now it's a rare occasion if I don't find them butt to butt in the cage. I'm so happy I made the decision to get him a friend.

Back