Is Chance a momma's boy?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chancesmomma

So Chance is 9 months this week, and we have had him since he was about a month old, and he has come a long way with me and his dad (my boyfriend). However he seems to be more attached to me, he let's me pet him, and kiss him. He is still a little squimish when trying to handle him so neither of us try to push it to much on him. Every morning before leaving for work my boyfriend gives him a treat and a scratch and pets him. Chance loves his dad in the mornings but then any other time like playtime he avoids him like the plague unless I'm in the play area with him. We will both lay on the floor and he climbs and jumps all over us or if I hug Jesse, Chance will come and climb up on him. It's funny. Then last night I received sooooooo much affection from my little baby boy which I've nicknamed Chi Chi or fat little budda moushhe :). I rested one arm and the edge of the top floor of his critter nation and he ran up to may arm and let me cuddle him with my other hand petting him from nose to butt while kissing his head and saying I love my little fat budda moushhe and he balled up so close to me as he rested his head on my arm and made sweet little baby squeaks and looked like he was gonna fall asleep. I stood there doing this loving life for literally 25 minutes. then I ran out and told my boyfriend what had happen later he went to pet him and Chance didn't ball up close to him but did the little squeaks when he rubbed his belly and tickled his ear. Sometimes he lets Jesse pet him for a while and most of the time he will run away from him almost like a game. Do chinchillas tend to bond to one person more? I think he thinks I am his girlfriend because he always tries to hump my hand but never Jess.

The more he interacts with them the better they will probly get along. Chins don't seem to like change and if you are the one to do most of the interacting with them, they will feel most comfortable with you.

Back