Is Bartlett Rabbit Food good for chinchillas?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The few issues I see with it is the vitamin content. The ingredients are great for a rabbit food, and look well put together and not cheap. The only issue for a chinchilla diet, is that the vitamin E content is too low and the vitamin A content needs to be double what it appears to be.

The vitamin A content wouldn't be an issue for adult pet chins but the vitamin E content would be too low for them. It wouldn't be acceptable for breeding animals, in my opinion.

I informed her to get Manna Pro SHO as that is what we use, and they are for pet chins, but still if the vitamin content is too low, then it may not be a good feed for them. Thanks lilchinchilla

It would be a good diet for chinchillas if a few things were changed. Have you ever thought of asking the mill if they would make a diet specifically for chinchillas?

This would be a good base to start out with, for a chinchilla diet, but if they take the soya oil out for the binder (it seems to be a soya heavy diet), and use molasses instead, to make it a bit more palatable.
Raise the vitamin E and vitamin A, and that would be perfect. They could put beet pulp in it to make it just right. Add wheat germ or flax seed oil for the added fat content. The diet could just be tweaked and it would be good for chins. :)

Back