Is barking bad?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millie'sMum

Nutz over Chins
My chin just recently barked in a set of three barks as the lights were turned off for us humans to go to bed. I looked to see if she is ok and it seems she is. Anyone want to comment if this is normal or if I really need to be worried??

Sometimes they just bark. It is a common sound around here. It is a warning call if they hear a strange noise they may bark. If your chinchilla is new an still adjusting to normal sounds of your home he will bark more often. I wouln't worry it really isn't a sign of an actual problem.

Chins bark for similar reasons as dogs-new people, scary noises, you trying to grab them...nothing serious :) It is very common and each chin has its own preferences on why to bark and how often...hopefully your guy will calm down over time

My chins bark in their sleep (yes, they sleep-bark) & they bark just to get my attention.
One of them used to bark the instant I turned off the lights, but not anymore. I also had a TV that was kept on throughout the night in the chinchilla room. The volume was super soft, but I think the images kept my vocal chinchilla occupied throughout the night,

Back