Intros: 1st time together in cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystic

Super chin!
So as you all may remember I got my sapphire, Timber, at the beginning of this year in january. And since getting him I've been doing intros with him and my homo ebony, Tristan. I did side-by-side cages, swapping into each other's cages, and neutral playtimes. All has been going really well. Not once have I had any fur pulled by either chin, just alot of dominance humping.
Well tonight I set up a neutral cage and put them in it. Some mild humping but all is going excellent. They were snuggling when I checked on them a couple minutes ago.
Now I'm just worried to go to sleep tonight without checking on them every hour. They've been in there for 6 hours now and both chinchillas seem comfortable.
But I have to ask to everyone....how were you feeling the first tiime you have to leave a newly intro'd pair together for a long period of time??

Well in other news Timber and Tristan are doing great. This will be there 2nd night together and everything is going so well! :Di

My husband and I are currently introducing our Arlington pair, Nova and Pele, to our Standard pair, Daisy and Peach. We used the cage-within-a-cage method for about 5 or six days, just to be certain. We never had any biting, just some fur slip, spraying, and a little dominance humping. They spent last night out together, and my husband slept in their room so he could hear anything that might have gone wrong. This morning they had separated themselves into pairs (the original bonded pairs) and were on separate sides of the cage, but when I gave them more pellets, they all huddled around the bowl and ate at the same time. They are still cautious, so we are keeping an eye on them, but so far so good!

Doesn't a successful intro feel awesome?! :D

Yes it really does! This is my first sucessful intro. I first tried Tristan with my mosaic boy Toby to no such luck since Toby is so aggressive towards other chins. Tristan and Timber just kinda clicked when they met though so I'm hoping they will remain buds. :)

Latest posts

Back