Introduction

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurenrachelle

Laurenrachelle
Hello,
My name is Lauren. I am from Burnsville, MN. I currently have one chin. In 2004 is when I bought my first chin, Nemo. He rapidly declined this January and sadly passed away on Jan 12th. I did tons of research on things I could have done better or differently with his care. I sadly didn't have the support of these forums and information.

With all of my research I found moonlight chinchillas, and Alena took me under her wing and taught me so much! I purchased 2 chins from her in early February, who we from another breeder that she closely works with. Their names are Mojo and Gus. They were in great health, and I was doing everything properly in their care.

One week ago today I was holding Gus as I did every night (he was a biter so I worked on handling him every night at the end of playtime), I noticed he had a very hard lump between his right ear and eye. I made a vet appointment first thing in the morning and hurried to the vet. He had an abscess. It was a fairly routine procedure, and I had caught it as soon as possible, she stated that many owners wouldn't have even noticed it. But the procedure went wrong. Instead of the abscess draining externally, the inner wall let go, and it drained into his oral cavity. She couldn't save him. She is a wonderful vet, it was just the way life goes. One of those fluke things that breaks your heart all that much more because there was nothing you could've done to prevent it.

So long story short I'm a loving chin Mom of my buddy Mojo. We're recovering from broken hearts together. I love taking him out for play times every night, as I did with him and Gus too. I love how he flits in the air and wall surfs. I love when he uses me as a jungle gym. I love the tender moments when he kisses me(he literally licks my lips), and gently grooms my eyelashes. I love when he lets me pet him for ten minutes straight as he shifts his head and paws to show me where to go next. I love him with all my heart!

I'm excited to meet you all!
Lauren

Hi Lauren, sorry to hear about Gus. Welcome to CnH. We'd love to see pix of Mojo when you can.

Latest posts

Back