Introducing Taz!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinder and Me

~Scuba Chick~
Introducing Taz! He is an ebony and a day over 8 weeks old. He is so sweet. :))

He will never replace my girl Cinder, but he is already filling the hole in our hearts. <3

Checking out his cage for the first time:

Showing off those gorgeous whiskers:

And me and him lol:

We have a much larger cage but it was too much of a pain in the butt to baby proof, so he'll be in this shorter one for a little while. Still debating on whether or not we will build one. I really want to!

Thanks everyone! It has been so long since I've had a baby chin that I totally forgot how small they are. And he's pretty docile too! I can't wait to let him have a little bit of play time so I can watch him popcorn and wall surf.

We tried to give him a dust bath last night and he just sat in it like, "omg, what is this stuff??". Eventually he put his front paws down on it and got curious, but the most he did was put half his face in the dust and call it quits. LOL He literally was a two colored chin on his face with a nice distinct line going between the eyes down to his nose.

Hopefully he'll get it soon. haha :thumbsup:

Awww!!! Has he ever had a dust bath before? It took my baby chins a few times before they got the hang of it, but he will- don't worry! :D I bet that was so cute. I can't believe how active and jumpy baby chins are, either! We got a surprise when Chichi had kits (didn't have any idea she was pregnant- got her from CL) and they were trying to copy mom and jump to shelves the day they were born! It was crazy! I removed the shelves the first day because it wasn't safe, but they were ready to be just like mom! I really miss having babies. I'd love to adopt another little one :p Maybe someday...

I don't think he's had a dust bath before, he certainly looked at the dust like it was foreign stuff. lol

He's a bit of a chicken right now with jumping (even from my hand to my lap ~6in down). But he's definitely gaining confidence little by little in his cage. haha

More pictures from tonight and just first successful dust bath. Lol

20131023_175206_zps98d20a40.jpg

20131023_180036_zps5bc3cba9.jpg

Latest posts

Back